(Grade 10) – HRA/ICT/O1/2017
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) is a State Corporation established under the Industrial Training (Amendment) Act of 2011. The mandate of the Authority is to promote the highest standards in the quality and efficiency of industrial training in Kenya and ensure an adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels in the industry.
The Authority wishes to recruit results oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision and creativity to fill various positions at its Headquarters based in Nairobi and other centers to ensure delivery of its mandate.
Responsibilities for the Senior ICT Officer Job
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme development in liaison with users;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining of systems;
- Ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- Supervising and compiling overall systems documentation;
- Advising on ICT related issues;
- Supervising, installation certification, repairs and maintenance of information communication technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- Developing and maintaining ICT standards;
- Recommending and supervising hardware/software specification for ICT equipment;
- Logging of problems;
- Drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance;
- Assisting in feasibility studies as assigned.
Senior ICT Officer Job Qualifications
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the following field, computer science/ information communication technology or electronic/electrical engineering from a recognized institution.
- Have a professional certificate in system administration, software development, computer networking like CISCO, MCSE, MCE, MCSA or any other relevant qualification.
- Be familiar with network computer applications (WAN, LAN, E-mail infrastructure)
- Have served in a similar position for at least five (5) years
- Be a member of a relevant professional body
How to Apply
Interested persons are required to download and duly fill the JOB APPLICATION FORM REF. NO. NITA /HR & ADM/HRP/01 from the NITA website. In addition, please attach copies of professional/academic certificates,testimonials, copy of National Identity Card or passport with envelopes clearly marked the position being applied for and addressed to:
DIRECTOR GENERAL NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORIT P.O. Box 74494- 00200 NAIROBI.
Applications must also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach by Friday 19th January 2018 at 5.00p.m